Our PTO sponsors several fun events as well as educational programs at our school every year. In order to keep these events and programs going, we need volunteer help.
We are looking for people to chair the events/programs listed below.
Please take a moment to look at what is listed here and consider becoming a Chairperson for one (or more), of these events/programs. We have very detailed notes and instructions for you to follow if you choose to chair an event/program, and Volunteer Liaison who will work with you, so it is really quite easy to put together one of these programs/events!
Board & Committee Chairpersons:
- President – Shall preside over all meetings, supports all voting members and committees. The president shall preside at general meetings, act as chairman of the Executive Board, appoint any vacant committees chairs not selected by the Nominating Committee, and be an ex-officio member of all committees.
- Vice President/Parliamentarian – Be present at each monthly PTO meeting. Shall support the president in his/her duties and assume duties of the president in their absence as well as other duties as assigned. Shall rule on all points of order during meetings using Roberts Rules of Order.
- Fundraising – Carnival – Coordinate a fall fundraising event such as “Carnival”.
- Fundraising – Spring Event – Coordinate a spring fundraising event such as “Sock Hop”.
Committee Member Positions:
- Carnival – Assist with the planning of the fall fundraising event
- Fundraising – Assist with in-school fundraising sales, Spirit Nights, coordinate auctions for fall event.
- Hospitality – Assist with organizing teacher luncheons, appreciation treats, gifts, donations of school supplies, etc.
- Yearbook – Accumulate pictures, coordinate page layout and design, distribute flyers and collect orders.
Jump in and take your spot on the planning committees!
Parent volunteers are needed for the following one day events and recurring needs that occur throughout the year:
Back to School Dance – Volunteer for shift for selling of concessions, setup or cleanup.
Talent Show – Volunteer for shift for selling of concessions, setup or cleanup.
Fall Event – Volunteer for shift at booths, concessions, setup or cleanup for a fall fundraising event such as “Carnival”.
Spring Event – Volunteer for shift for selling of concessions, setup or cleanup.
Hospitality – Prepare goodies for staff luncheons, appreciation treats, gifts, donations of school supplies, etc. Volunteer to serve, setup or cleanup at teacher luncheons.
Library – Assist librarian in library tasks and plan AR Reward Parties. Volunteer for set-up, clean-up or sales during Book Fair.
Workroom – Assist in preparing instructional materials for teachers and staff in the workroom including copy, laminate, build paper copies of books, die cuts, etc